Msheireb Downtown Doha
Msheireb Downtown Doha is the flagship project of Msheireb Properties which reflects its new vision toward modern urban developments.
It is the world’s first fully built smart and sustainable city district and the new destination for living, leisure, and business. Its prime location in the heart of the capital makes it the perfect location for retail, commercial, residential and civic services. Msheireb Downtown Doha is fully sustainable with all buildings either Gold or Platinum LEED-certified, and adhere to the highest standards in green building services. Blending the best of Qatar’s architectural heritage with modern design, Msheireb Downtown Doha is also smart since its inception and adopts the latest advanced technology features in its infrastructure, and services to cope with the next generations’ needs. Msheireb Downtown Doha is an integrated city that embraces modern fully furnished residential units, a range of mixed-use and commercial buildings that offer a wide array of retail and business services, and cultural buildings. It is also the home to Msheireb Museums, Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Al Wadi Hotel -MGallery by AccorHotels, Park Hyatt Hotel, Msheireb Galleria, and Barahat Msheireb- the biggest open-air covered pedestrian square in the region.
Msheireb Downtown Doha Key Figures:
- Project Timetable: Construction commenced in 2010, and was completed in 2021.
- Number of residential units: 800+
- Commercial spaces: 193,000 sqm
- Retail shops: 300+
- Hotels: 4
- Museums: 4 heritage houses
- Schools: 1
- Mosques: 3
- Parking Spaces: 10,000+
- Total Buildings: 100+
- Building Height Range: 3 to 22 storeys
- LEED Rating:Entire development received LEED in Gold or Platinum LEED certificates
Msheireb Downtown Doha Location:
- Msheireb Downtown Doha is strategically located in the heart of Doha, only minutes away from the Hamad International Airport and midway between two key routes into the city.
- To the northwest of the site is the picturesque Corniche which leads to the new iconic skyline of West Bay’s commercial towers, and to its east, the financial district across Grand Hamad Street.
- Adjacent to the project is its most illustrious neighbour, the Amiri Diwan, and across it, the traditionally restored market and leading tourist attraction, Souk Waqif.