Msheireb Downtown Doha will transform the center of the capital city, recreating a way of living that is rooted in Qatari culture.
Msheireb Downtown Doha Key Figures:
- Project Cost: Approximately QAR20 billion (US$5.5 billion)
- Land Area: 31-hectares (310,000 square metres)
- Project Name: Msheireb means ‘a place to drink water’ in Arabic
- Project Timetable: Construction commenced in 2010, construction completion scheduled in phases
- Parking Spaces: 10,000+
- Total Buildings: 100+
- Building Height Range: 3 to 30 storeys
- LEED Rating: Entire development is targeting LEED Gold minimum, with several buildings targeting LEED Platinum
Msheireb Downtown Doha Location:
Msheireb will regenerate the traditional commercial centre, bringing new vitality to Doha’s downtown.Msheireb Downtown Doha is strategically located in the heart of Doha, the ambitious and thriving capital city of Qatar – only minutes away from the Hamad International Airport and midway between two key routes into the city. Msheireb Downtown Doha defines a city in transformation.
To the northwest of the site is the picturesque Corniche which leads to the new iconic skyline of West Bay’s commercial towers, and to its east, the financial district across Grand Hamad Street.Adjacent to the project is its most illustrious neighbour, the Amiri Diwan, Qatar’s seat of government, and across it, the traditionally restored market and leading tourist attraction, Souk Waqif.