Qatar, a peninsula of 11,000 sq km located in
the Arabian Gulf, is a dynamic country with an
ambitious and carefully crafted development
programme that is fuelled by vast hydrocarbon
Qatar is one of the world’s fastest growing
economies with the highest GDP per capita in the
world. Its current population of approximatly 2.4
million people is projected to reach 3.5 million by
end of 2020 with an average annual growth of
7%. Qatar’s growth is funded by stable revenues
from the development of the world’s largest
non-associated natural gas field and its position
as a major exporter of liquefied natural gas
Qatar fast facts:
- Highest recorded nominal GDP Per Capita in the world of QAR 512,173 (USD 140,649)
- Fastest growing economy in the Middle East with a growth rate of 4% (2015-2020).
- Population in Qatar is expected to reach 3.5 million by 2020 with an annual growth rate
- Tourist arrivals into Qatar are set to increase five-fold over the next decade and reach 7
million by 2030.
- Qatar is the most competitive economy in the region; ranked 14th among 140 countries
represented in the World Economic Forum (WEF).